Innovation for Restart is not only as a value to be inspired by, but also the real driver of all the company’s operations. Innovation guides the design, the construction of our lines, thought out according to performance and people needs.
People that are our customers, on whose specific needs our machines are built, and the operators who will have to use them, to whom we want to offer the maximum level of quality and safety at work.
Our work is inspired by the principles of Lean Manufacturing, which aims at efficiency based on the optimization of flows, on the reduction of waste of time, resources and space, and a clear definition of priorities. This approach allows Restart to improve the method and to increase the value that it’s able to guarantee to the customer.
We employ today technologies of tomorrow. We select the best components and we never compromise on quality. We respond to challenges by studying solutions based on the most innovative technologies, and we dare to use them on our lines providing the customer with the maximum performance level.
R&D and KNOW-HOW
Research and development is an integral part of Restart daily work. The nature of the proposed product requires constant and in-depth research into the most innovative, performing, technologically advanced solution. Restart constantly measure itself with demands that no one before it has faced, and this pushes Restart to look into the unexplored techniques and requires it to be bold and apply the solutions to the required products. Usually companies have an R&D department. Restart is research and development, before being everything else. This is our Know-How.
FLEXIBILITY AND DYNAMISM
We design and we build tailor-made solutions, providing the client with a high-tech modular product capable to maximize productivity and to make potential up-grades easy.
The output of our workshop is the outcome of our work from design to assembly.
We offer our customers a quick and accurate product realization, ensuring the highest level of customization in the requested solution.
Our lines are high-tech and extremely accurate and efficient. But not only this.
They are also nice, inside and outside. They are designed to be pragmatic, smooth and pleasant.
We believe that it is not only relevant that our product works well. It has to be also neat, pleasant and valuable.
This feature is one of the most important for us, as it ensures a real improvement of the outcome both for the client and for the men and women who collaborate with our lines.
(from project to test – quality control – product analysis and control/ process)
With the acceptance of the offer by the customer the path of the product in Restart begins. Each phase is checked to ensure that the requirements for each piece or component are met.
- Design: The mechanical and electrical designers from the Technical Office begin the design while the Software Department also starts working on the programming. The three departments are coordinated by the Project Manager who follows the order. The design phase is the longest one but also the most exciting: this is where we are looking for innovative solutions and the best components to meet the increasingly high needs of customers. The technological level becomes very high and all this phase is research & development.
- Supply: after the design phase, the supply process begins. It follows the directions of designers. The selection and purchase of materials is a very delicate step because you have to find on the market the best compromises between price and quality, and when you want the highest quality this research becomes a job for professionals.
- Assembly: in the meantime, the mechanical and electrical assembly begins. We do the first tests and we make sure everything works.
- Functional tests: mechanical and electrical tests of the signals are carried out. Once the correct mechanical and electrical operation of the machine has been established, the software that was written during the design phase is tested.
- Programmazione: poi è la volta dei softwaristi che caricano il programma che hanno scritto in fase di progettazione e si accende la macchina.
- Internal testing: the test phase ends internally with an on-site test with the customer, during which all the functionalities of the system are tested.
- Final testing by the customer: at this point, the plant is disassembled and moved to the customer’s headquarter where it is reassembled, finally tested with the run@rate. The work finishes with the training for the operators.
- Assistance: at the end of this phase, Restart remains next to the customer with the SERVICE Department through which the customer can request restoration or up-grade interventions.
– 2 patents pending
The contribution of its members and employees is fundamental for Restart to grow and develop, view the impact of the activity of each one on the final result.
In this context, the prosecution of maximum levels of technology, which require constant study, application, and research, is vitally important.
The Company reserves the right to evaluate the patentability of inventions made by its employees, and choose whether and for which of these to undertake a patenting process.
In 2019 Restart started the patenting process for two inventions made by two of its designers.
Patent No. 102019000012294 PATENT PENDING
The invention is a smart wiring system for collaborative robots.
Patent No. 102019000012507 PATENT PENDING
The second invention concerns a bar locking system suitable to lock a bar in a predefined axial position.